Monday, September 27, 2010

Start Spreading the News...

The cafe i work out is moving locations, and i got an email from a local reporter that wants to write about the move and wanted input on what makes the cafe unique. The following is my response, which i'm including here since i mention raw food.



Greetings,

I am a young woman who has worked at Zippy's for about 10 months. I'd
be happy to tell you what I think makes Zippy's Java Lounge unique.

I often describe the café to people as a living room with a coffee
shop inside. It truly has a comfortable, homey atmosphere. It's the
kind of surroundings that chain coffee shops try to recreate with
their decor styles.

I've found that Zippy's really is a community meeting place. People
often meet friends and business contacts in the café and groups like
Green Everett hold meetings there. A few people just grab their coffee
and go, but I have seen customers sit in the café for hours on end. We
have a handful of very loyal regulars who come in nearly everyday.

The raw foods offerings on the menu are unique as well. There are a
few rawfood eateries in Seattle and Portland, but I don't know of
another place in Everett that is aware of the raw food movement or has
these types of options available. After learning about the raw
lifestyle from a Raw Food Support Group that meets at Zippy's, I made
changes in my own life and I am feeling the health benefits. I doubt
many people can say that going to Starbucks has made them healthier!

I look forward to reading your article. Thanks for bringing attention
to the movement of the café, I hope it will be successful in its new
location.

No comments:

Post a Comment