Wednesday, September 22, 2010

feelin good, but looking bad.

i don't what's going on with my face, but my skin is almost the worst i've ever seen it. it probably a combination of the normal hormonal junk and detoxing causing my skin to excrete grossness. i never had terrible acne as a teenager, but i also haven't grown out of the acne that i did have. on the whole, my skin is very senstive. my skin cries if i shave my legs (which i usually don't), and the only allergies i have are skin related. nothing specific, just to poorly made brands of soap. but i have had hives over most of my body for 2 days and it was awful;thank poop i didn't have work or school or anything that summer.

anyway, my face is so bad right now, that when i look in the bathroom mirror at work, i'm embarassed that so many people have seen my face that day. i could cover it up with make up, but i dont really wear foundation make-up, and it would probably worse the situation.
the pimples are mostly around my mouth and on my cheeks and jawline, like i got stung by a beard of bees.







i slack off sometimes on washing my face, but i've really got to be vigilant about this now. i don't want my skin to get red spots and scars that don't go away. i have a lot of different soaps and cleansers for the face, but i think i'll try and keep it as simple as pure as it gets, well besides just water.

i'll be washing my face with clay and rice bran.

the clay is sorta like a spot treatment, or a masque. clay masques are pretty common. but i'm just taking a pinch of the bentonite clay powder and moistening it enough so it will stick to my face and then putting it on trouble areas, then let dry. the clay helps to dry up oils and probably suck up dirt and pore toxins as well.

the rice bran is an old japanese beauty secret. i think the traditional way to use it is to have a small pouch of smooth cotton fabric that is packed full of rice bran. you wet the small bag and squeeze and rub it on your face, and the ricey water and bits of bran wash your face. i dont even bother with the bag. i just make a little pile in my palm and mix in a little water to make a mash. then i spread it over my face as best i can and rub it around before washing it off (you can use a small soft bristle brush or tawashi (fabric face scrub) to help get it all off.) you look like a piece crust and it doesn't matter if it gets in your mouth because it is completely edible. the bran is lightly exfoliating but the oils in the rice leave your skin supple and not dried out. at my health food store the sell a tiny bottle of oil of rice bran, and it says "for facial treatments or food use", something like that. but i'd rather use the whole bran powder. i think it was pretty cheap for a medium bag at an asian grocery. i've mentioned using it in food before as well. same stuff. i keep the bag in the fridge because i wasn't sure if it went rancid like wheat germ, but i have a plastic container with some in it by the sink.

so, we'll see if my face gets better. i hope this isn't a never ending detox because i keep eating non-raw items instead of being 100% raw. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment