Monday, October 18, 2010

Thrive!

I went to my first raw restaurant today! My man and I went to Thrive in North Seattle. Here's their website. http://generationthrive.com/
I was very excited to be there.

Photobucket


i was nice to have someone else make a raw meal for me, instead of having to deal with all the prep work. but of course that comes with a slightly higher price tag. but it was a day of splurging :D
Photobucket
(no ovens or stoves in this kitchen!notice the man opening young coconuts.)


Photobucket
I had the Oh My Sombrero, and my boyfriend had the Mighty Thai.



menu descriptions:

"Lighter fare, heavy on the Mexican flavor! Spicy taco Sunflower Seed Paté, Guacamole, Salsa, and Onion Cashew Cream served with shredded lettuce taco salad style!"
Photobucket

"Our house Thai “Peanut” Sauce massaged with shredded cabbage and carrots, providing a subtle, spicy crunch. Topped with cashews and dates."
Photobucket
i really liked my onion cashew cream, it was very rich and tasty. i definitely want to try making some at home. the pate was more of a half-dried cracker. i'd say the crackers i make are at least that yummy :D
Photobucket


kyle liked his meal, but thought it could use some fresh chilis or onions. the dates were a nice touch in his. i thought the sauce of his definately had a smokey, nutty flavor, maybe there was tahini in it?

Photobucket

Thrive also has a bulk section with raw food staples like nuts and grains.




they have a lot of books and raw chocolate and dehydrated cookies. i didn't buy anything like that there since i can either get it cheaper at my work or make it myself. one thing i want to make for my boyfriend is the kelp noodles with teriyaki sauce dish (called Oh My Samurai)
some other ideas i was reminded of there are kale chips and chia seed pudding.
after a weekend with almost no raw food ( and feeling the intestinal blocking consequences..) i'm using this experience as an opportunity to rededicate myself to my raw food habits.

other raw venues of note in seattle: Chaco Canyon Restaurant, and Vivir Living Foods (i think it is a raw chocolate and nuts factory)

2 comments:

  1. There does seem to be a whole lot of prep work for raw food... but on the other hand a lot of it seems like fun prep work. Juicers, blenders, shaking things, layering things... But it does seem nice to just get to indulge in the finished product.

    Both of your meal items sound so amazing I am practically drooling. I really want to try that all some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this reminds me that i've yet to post the results from when i tried to recreate these meals at home. "stay tuned!"

    ReplyDelete