Saturday, February 12, 2011

Real Life Raw ignorance!

So i used to work at a café that had a new of raw items on the menu. that business shut down late last year and the owner is now on the cusp of opening a similar establishment. she's a raw food enthusiast, and even holds get-togethers that are raw potlucks. anyway, she had this facebook status recently, which shows how little the public knows about this diet lifesytle:


"I handed in my menu to the health department...when they saw the raw food portion they freaked...

Now I'm writing a long letter to them, explaining vegetarian raw food. They think I'm serving raw meat, eggs and god knows what else..
I'll offer them a free class I guess..We will figure it out..It's sort of funny they said I need to put ...the health dangers of eating raw meats and eggs in my menu..."


..and these are the people in charge of restaurants. :/ well anyway i'm glad she'll be educating them. her cafe will be one of the only places in town with a raw emphasis (besides the store where i work!) some how i landed in the only raw epicenters.

someone did reply to her post that the uninformed health department people ought to be talking to their peers in King County because there are two raw restaurants in Seattle, namely Chaco Canyon, and Thrive.

1 comment:

  1. Admittedly most of what I've learned about eating raw I've learned from your blog here, but still. If I heard someone was opening a raw restaurant I hope I'd have the sense to realize that didn't mean raw MEAT. XD

    ReplyDelete